Music for your Spirit!

Monday, December 29, 2014

My Team's Better than Yours

My team vs Your Team.

First...I'm Team Jesus...the winning team. And. You're either on my team. Or the WRONG team...the losing team.

And please. Let's keep it 100. It's either Team Jesus or the other. No middle team. No team good person. No team getting it together. No team when I get ready. Nope. Sorry.

“Whoever is not with Me is against Me, and whoever does not gather with Me...scatters." Jesus via Luke 11:23

Now. Don't get me wrong...there are some play-play perks on the WRONG team.

And....the devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. If you worship me, it will all be yours.” (Luke 4:5-7)

But please remember that the devil is a liar. And is surely peddling the same lie to all your family and friends. And if you aren't Team Jesus...

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. (John 8:44)

And just in case you're wondering how to counter the lies of the devil...Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ (Luke 4:9)

So. This is my point. Why WOULDN'T you want to be Team Jesus. Our perks are genuine and eternal. Just to name a few....

● And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

● Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)

● And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8)

● Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, (Ephesians 3:20)

And my personal favorite....(Deuteronomy 28:1-6)

● If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today,

The Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. (Remember how the WRONG team only wants to give you the authority and splendor OF the nations...but God wants to SET YOU HIGH ABOVE! Wow!)

And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God. (This is KJV because I like the idea that the blessings will literally run us down...there is no getting away from these blessings.)

You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. (That's everywhere folks!)

The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. (Wrap your mind around this...your CHILDREN and what you put your hands to!)

Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. (Your property! Your possessions! Your profession!)

You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. (First everywhere...now...all the time!)

I mean really folks. If you aren't sold on Team Jesus...I just don't know what else to tell you. You're already on A team. Why in the WORLD would you choose to play on the WRONG team?

(And. It is NOT about the perks...it's all about the relationship. But if the perks draw you to Team Jesus...I am not above selling them to you...because God is faithful...HE DOESN'T MIND GIVING THEM ALL TO YOU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please police yourself! Be mindful that this blog is available to my children..and possibly yours too..so please comment accordingly!

Blog Archive!