Music for your Spirit!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Define "Okay"

"Mama Donna will we ever be okay again?"

Depends on how you define "okay". Will we ever stop hurting...I don't think completely but certainly less with time. Will we ever understand...I think only as much as we can understand more of God.

I am sorry I don't have concrete answers for you. All I can tell you is what I know to be true...and that is the Word of God.

And I know you are trying to figure out how that helps you...or even applies to you...well...let me try to break it down for you...and then you just let the Word do the rest of the work.
---------

Psalms 30:5-7 KJV

For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life:

(Even if God is "mad at us"...even better than with our natural parents...it is only for a while and it is ONLY OUT OF LOVE...but here's the thing...Jesus already made it "right"...so there's no grounded or taking your car/phone/allowance...there is "God, I am sorry and I will do better...please show me how." Please understand. I AM NOT SAYING ANYBODY DID ANYTHING WRONG TO CAUSE THESE THINGS TO HAPPEN. I am saying that all any of us can do...is start with us...and work our way out.)

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

(I know you cried all night. And you cried all day. And it's been that way for days. Maybe weeks. Maybe years. But. God's timing isn't like our time. A night for Him maybe a blink of His eye. And thank God that it is because it gives us time to get "in His favour". But this weeping...isn't really about the actual crying...as much as it is about the WHO YOU ARE CRYING OUT TO...when we weep BEFORE GOD...we tend to be desperate enough for Him to save us that we are honest about what that really means. And when our hearts are broken...BEFORE GOD...He hears us and He guides us to His truth and peace...THAT joy comes in the morning. And just like the night...we don't know when that is...or how long before it comes...but we know it does.)

And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong:

(Because God is a good God. And because many prayers have gone up before you...FOR YOU...more good things tend to happen than bad. And when things are good...we feel like we don't really need God...but that's because WE FAIL TO REALIZE THAT THINGS ARE GOOD BECAUSE OF GOD. So. In the good times...we're on top of the world...riding high...and we tend to get so caught up in the good times...we tend to think and act like..."it's all good...so I'm good"...NO...God is good!)

thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.

(Here's the deal. When Jesus took his last breath on that cross...the Lord tore this veil that was as thick as your hand is wide and 60 ft long by 30 ft wide...from the top to the bottom. This veil was what seperated all of us from the most holy of holy...from God himself. Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for us tore this veil...NO MORE SEPERATION...so...grab a hold to this...GOD DOES NOT HIDE HIS FACE FROM US...not anymore...JESUS TOOK CARE OF THAT...God will NEVER leave us or stop loving us. But...and this is the only answer I have for your gazillion questions...WE HIDE FROM GOD. I did it. Your saved grandma did it. Your pastor did it. We all do it...AND THEN WE ARE TROUBLED. God is the same God of all the bible stories you studied as a child. He is the same God of your favorite bible verse. The same God of that song you hear in church that makes you cry like a baby. The same God. And He has not gone anywhere...BECAUSE HE WILL NOT. He doesn't hide from us...our sin shames us into hiding from Him.)
--------

Will we ever be okay again...APART FROM GOD...WE NEVER WERE OKAY AND NEVER WILL BE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please police yourself! Be mindful that this blog is available to my children..and possibly yours too..so please comment accordingly!

Blog Archive!