Music for your Spirit!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

I am NOT fussing with you!

Why I will never argue with ANYONE about what the Word of God says....

When you go to a restaurant...you are presented with a prepared meal. You made a selection from the menu...let's say some exotic beef dish...that possibly looked good and sounded good and may even have tasted good as you ate it.

But when you get up from the table and go home to put food on your own table...all you have is beef...and possibly a cookbook...but you have no idea how the restaurant took those two things and turned it into a delicious gourmet meal.

You have to do some prep work. Some research. Some shopping. Some pot rattling. Some taste testing to go from raw beef to gourmet meal.

When you go to church...you are presented with a prepared sermon. Your pastor has sought God on that message and God has given Him a Word for His people in His house. And it sounded good and felt good...or not...sitting in that pew.

But when you get out of your seat and and go home to apply that message to your life...all you have are some notes...and hopefully a Bible...but you have no idea how the pastor took those scriptures and turned it into a Spirit filled sermon.

You have to do some prep work. Some Bible studying. Some praying. Some calling out. Some drawing near to God to go from scriptures to revelations.

And I'm sure some of you are saying but I'm no pastor. Maybe not. But I'm talking to saved folks right now. And we've all been called to be preachers. And sometimes we have to preach to ourselves. To our family. To our friends.

But how can we preach...if we haven't put in the prep work.

Which brings me to why I will never argue with ANYONE about the Word of God.

First. One can read the Bible cover to cover...and not be able to tell you what's in it. Oh. They can READ it to you...maybe even quote it...but they can't LIVE it out for you. Because they have not been given revelations.  1 Corinthians 2:10 says..."These things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God." And you can't give an answer...for what you do not know.

Second. God is a god of personal relationship. What He has revealed to me FOR me...may not be FOR you...unless He has told me..or you...that it is. We can all be...confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ (Php 1:6). I can't know what God has started in you no more than you can know what He started in me. So I can't know what His Word speaks to you...nor you me.

Third. The Word of God doesn't need me to defend it. Or you either. It is what it is. God has said it. And there is no adding to it or taking away from it. Not only that...it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail (Luke 16:17). Not to mention that in Luke 9:5...Jesus Himself teaches us that whoever will not receive you...to shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them. All I can do is tell you what the Word says. I can't make you believe or receive it.

Finally. It is not my job to make you believe or receive the Word of God. I can't convict you with my convictions...BECAUSE I DIDN'T CONVICT MYSELF. The Holy Spirit in me does all the heavy lifting. And it is my privilege not to stand in His way...not to quench Him. 

So. I won't argue with you about what the Word of God says. About anything. And if the Bible doesn't specifically cover something...unless God has ALREADY dealt with me on that issue...or the Holy Spirit in me rises up to address it in that moment...my lips are zipped.

And unless MY OPINION is just a scripture in lay men's terms so you won't know that I'm "preaching" to you...you won't even get that out of me.

John 16:8-15 NKJV

And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:  of sin, because they do not believe in Me;  of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;  of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.  However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.  He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.  All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please police yourself! Be mindful that this blog is available to my children..and possibly yours too..so please comment accordingly!

Blog Archive!